Saturday, May 12, 2012

What if...

What if you could only eat 7 foods?  What would you choose?
Well, Troy and I are on a mission to do just that.  We are joining with our friend Sara, who blogs here, on a journey through the book 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker.  Each month brings a sacrificial giving up of things that seem so important to us.  This month it's food.  Our goal is that at times we would turn to food, we will turn to God instead. 
We haven't actually read the book yet but knew that if we didn't start now, we never would.  It's on hold at the library...
Are you wondering what's on our lists (you know you are already thinking about what would be on yours if you joined us).  Well, they're still a work in progress until we hit the store this afternoon.  Do you know how many people in this world don't even get to choose what they eat.  It's so hard for me to limit myself to 7, but what about those people who would be thrilled with 7!?!
Troy's list:  rice, kidney beans, strawberries, avocado, chicken, bread, malt o meal
Lauren's list: chicken, bread, peanut butter, strawberries, carrots, oatmeal?, rice?
I'm undecided still...Things that "ok" but not on our list are salt, pepper, lemon, oil for cooking, and honey.  We haven't decided if coffee should count as one of Troy's seven.
He will show up; we can't wait to see how!  We are hoping to be filled with Jesus instead of just being full of food.
Want to join us?  We start tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great Lauren. I've read the book (in just a few days) and it was really inspiring! You'll have to let me know how the journey goes!

Claire & Eden said...

I read Sara's post about it and it peaked my interest! Would love to check out the book and find out more about it. I'm already thinking what would be on my list

Sara said...

Oh boy! I'm SO excited that you're doing this with us! How perfect that this falls on a month we're in town, so we can chat about it in person. Yay!