Thursday, May 3, 2012

Homeschool day at the Witte

Last week was homeschool day at the Witte Museum.  I had been thinking about taking the kids on a free Tuesday afternoon but decided to try this out instead.  It was only $4 for Reef, me, and Poppy together and worth the money.  It would not have been worth full price since there a lot of it was over his head.  I loved that it wasn't crowded though!
I think this might have been his favorite part.  You pull back this rope to raise a heavy ball....
 and when you let go, it sends this tennis ball flying.
 I convinced him to try the rock climbing wall.  As much as our spiderman loves to climb, he was nervous about this.  He had to try it, though, when I told him Dad would think it was cool.
 He made it about 3/4 of the way up.  And his dad think it was pretty cool!
 He also enjoyed this log cabin replica.  We spent about 20 minutes following the guide to make our own, only to find the last 4 pieces were missing!  Bummer.
 He thought the field trip was great and can't wait to do more next year!

No comments: