Wednesday, May 23, 2012

7: An update

Well, today should be day 11 of our one month of eating only 7 foods...but it's not...
Let me back up.  We started this experiment on Mother's day and were faithful to our foods for 7 whole days (or I was, at least).  Let me tell you, it was tough!  I was hungry and not in love with any of my choices.  On the hand, I got a lot out of that week.  When I was hungry, I prayed.  I prayed for God to fill me up in a way food could not.  I also prayed for others.  Instead of just saying I'd be praying for them, I was actually doing it.
Then came Saturday...We picnic'ed at the park with some friends, going so far as bringing our own roasted chicken prepared according the rules...Then Troy convinced me that a milkshake and Friends-watching date would be nice.  He was right; it was nice.  But I had CHEATED!
Sunday morning, though, I was right back to it.  Something had changed, though, and I wasn't getting out of it what I had gotten the week before...So, on Monday, I quit.
I have started the book since then and am loving it.  It's making me want to try again.  Maybe in the fall...So for now, we'll call this project "paused" instead of calling it failure...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Not a failure! Are you closer to God after the experiment than before? Your increased prayer life would indicate yes, therefore, you have succeeded, my friend.