Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Zoo last week

The boys and I took a trip to the zoo last week and decided to invite all our friends. It was chaos with 9 kiddos and 5 mommies, especially since most of the kids did NOT want to ride in the stroller. Still, we had a great time and only lost them once! I didn't have my camera, but Kristin, Katie, and Karen took some great pics for me.
Our first stop...the flamingoes. This is what started the "no stroller" time. Ethan isn't in this one because he wasn't there yet.

Ethan caught up with us at the monkeys.

This gibbon came to visit right after all the other kids left. He stayed to talk to Jonas for a long time though. He actually really startled Jonas because he suddenly appeared when Jonas turned around for one last look before moving on.

Best friends...for today, at least.

A ride on the komodo dragon. 4 out of 5 looking at the camera is good, right?
After lunch, Reef HAD to do the fishing pond. It's been ages since we went there, but he suddenly remembered it and had to do it. I think he caught a big one here.

Keeping Jonas out of the pond was a losing battle, so I finally gave up.

3 comments:

Claire & Eden said...

How fun!! What day did yall go? Hope Jonas starts feeling better soon - we'll see you tomorrow!

Tara said...

I love the picture of Reef and Jayden! So cute his predictions--well, at least he is consistent with both of us--maybe we'll have the same!

Kim said...

What a fun trip to the zoo. It always seems like when I leave the stroller at home that is all they want, but if I bring it... they won't stay in it.