Friday, March 20, 2009

Seven!

We are so excited to report that Reef has gone 7 days without a potty accident!!! He's really done well since our little regression phase, and to celebrate we took him out for ice cream today. No pictures (I've been horrible lately!), but he was so happy about his very own bowl of chocolate M&M ice cream. He also enjoyed samples of everyone else's too. Jonas didn't care what we were celebrating, he was just happy to have his own bowl too!
Also, it's 7 days until Jonas' surgery next Friday. I'm not nervous yet but know I will be once we get there. Luckily, the procedure is only 5 minutes long and recovery is quick. We are looking forward to a time of no illness. Both boys (and me) have sinus infections and are on antibiotics. Jonas' was actually pretty mild but Dr. Gulde indulged me with an Rx for Jonas just to get him to surgery without getting worse. Both boys seem to be feeling better this weekend, and luckily they LOVE their medicine!
Reef and Jonas both had a great time while we were gone and have prayed for the Chapmans and Beau (their dog) daily since we left. Unfortunately, Reef has been sooo whiny this week. We think he was just overstimulated last week with all the fun of two 11-year-old boys to play with. I've tried to take it easy the last couple of days and stay close to home. It's helped, but I was so bummed to miss playgroup this week!
Before we left, we gave Jonas his first big boy haircut. We gave him a cracker and set him in front of the TV. He did really well. I can't believe how grown up he looks!
I decided today would be a "stay at home all day" day. It's actually really hard for me to not go out, but I think the boys enjoy every once in a while. Highlights of the day included watching the new automatic trash truck and fingerpainting.

1 comment:

Clint, Amy, Kamryn and Madalyn said...

You're right, Jonas has lost the baby look! Sorry I can't help on the gender situation, I'm not sure what I see either. All I see is a line so that could be either one!