Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weekend update

Warning: This will be long...Read at your own risk.
This weekend was the weekend of breaking things. On Friday night, something weird happened to the computer and the internet wouldn't work anymore. Troy was able to fix it the next day, thank goodness!
Then, on Saturday, we got in the van and it wouldn't start. We jumped it and went shoe shopping anyway, only to have the van die at the store. We tried to jump it again without luck. Thankfully Karen picked me and the boys up while Troy waited for AAA to tow him to the car place. It ended up being the battery, so we're all fixed now.
On Sunday (or maybe Saturday night, I can't remember), we were mounting our TV on the wall when the cable connection broke off because the guy didn't hook it up right. They came yesterday during playgroup to fix it. I think he was a little afraid of the chaos, but the kids were fascinated by him.
Also on Sunday, Melynda let me come over and visit with Jude! I was so excited since I hadn't gotten to see him in person yet. He's so cute, and I just can't believe how tiny he is!
In other news, Reef went potty on the big potty tonight! We aren't seriously potty training yet, but I could tell he needed to go after our bath. When I asked him, he told me he wanted to go on the big potty. He saw Claire use the big potty at life group and wanted to be like her. Hopefully, she'll continue to be an inspiration. He was very excited about the "black prize" (a chocolate chip) that he got after going, so we'll see if that makes him want to go more.

Here are some pictures of the past few days.
Reef and his play-doh

Jonas laughing at Reef


Reef pushing Jonas in the big red car. This is a big deal because he usually makes Jonas push him instead.









3 comments:

Allison said...

Okay, I want a video of Jonas pushing Reef... that's gotta be impressive!

Tara said...

Glad things are working now! Cute pictures!!

-Tara
richfamilyblessings.blogspot.com

Kim said...

What cute pictures! That is great that Reef is interested in the 'big potty'! Glad you were able to fix everything that broke. :)