Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weekend at Gigi's

This weekend we took a whirlwind trip to Gigi's house. It was just me and the boys since Troy was doing some tiling for some friends. We left Thursday afternoon and made pretty good time. Reef does really well in the car if we let him watch movies. Jonas had a harder time and we had to stop several times to find the paci again.

First we went swimming with Gigi. This was Jonas's first time in the pool. They both really enjoyed it. Reef even jumped off the steps and let his face get wet! A big accomplishment for him!


On Friday, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to see them, Aunt Cathy, and cousin Jacob.


Jonas thought he would help out by pushing Jacob in the swing.


Reef baked some cookies with Grandma.

Then he washed the car with Grandpa. He really enjoyed some alone time with Grandpa since his feelings were a little hurt that Jacob was getting all the attention. Reef did a great job washing. Too bad it rained that night!

On Friday night, we went to Houston for Jennifer's graduation party. It was a LONG drive in rain and traffic but the boys did really well. We didn't get to stay long since the party started at bedtime but it was still good to see the family.
On Saturday, we went with Gigi to the Woodlands to play in the splash fountain. Both boys had a great time! I wish we had one of these in San Antonio!



The fountain must have worn both boys out because they took really long naps that day. I was so grateful for the chance to nap myself! We spent the rest of Saturday visiting Aunt Taylor at her new apartment and having dinner with my dad. We're still working on what Reef should call my dad since we weren't sure he'd see him that much. Last time we saw him, Reef called him "this man" and the time before that it was just "no worries, mate". I finally decided he could just call him Jerry. We tried to explain to Reef how Jerry was my dad, but Reef kept saying, "No, my Jerry!" It was cute, and I think my dad really had a good time.
On Sunday, we went to church with my mom and lunch with the grandparents. It was a buffet, and when my grandma asked me if Reef could have a cookie, Reef yelled out, "Yes cookie Grandma!" He ended up with ice cream, which was even better to him.
We made great time on the way home and are very happy to be back with Daddy! We've spent the past couple days at home because we're all very tired of the van!






1 comment:

Kim said...

What a fun trip! I love splash parks, they have quite a few of them here and our girls love them! Glad your back home.