Monday, February 18, 2013

Dates for January

For Christmas, the kids got an envelope full of "date" cards in their stockings. 
Forgive this picture.  Like I said, the camera and I aren't friends right now!
 Each envelope has 6 dates with Mom and 6 dates with Dad.  They're for stuff like trips to the park, bike rides, ice cream, etc.  Each week, the assigned child gets to pick out their date for the month.  This is our attempt to be intentional about giving each child time alone with each parent.
Reef got to choose first for January, and he picked IHOP with Daddy.  Troy came home at 7:00am one day and whisked him away.
No kids meal for this guy.  He went for the cinnamon roll pancakes!  He was nice enough to bring some home to share with his brothers and sister.
The next week was Jonas's turn.  What do you think he chose?
Yep, IHOP with Daddy, just like Reef.
 Jonas also went for the cinnamon roll pancakes (are you sensing a theme here?), but, unlike Reef, he ate every bite!
Lachlan planned all month that he would be going on a date with Mommy.  He stayed true to his word and picked a park date with me.
We started off with a special banana-M&M-pretzel snack, courtesy of Pinterest.
My attempt at a picture together. My arm wasn't quite long enough and he wasn't in the mood for another try.
The park was actually CRAZY crowded, so we headed to the library instead.  He really enjoyed getting to pick out books with just me.
 Poppy's date was supposed to be to the bookstore, but life got busy.  So, we headed to her friend Lyla's house to pick up a box of clothes.  She liked it, but wouldn't tolerate a picture until we got home.

Troy and I really enjoyed our one-on-one time and can't wait till the next round of dates!

2 comments:

Ashli said...

What a great idea, sounds like a lot of fun.

Sara said...

I love this! Titus and I had a library date once, too. Such a treat to have me read any book he wanted and play on the computers to his heart's content.