Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I can't believe he's 5!

I really can't believe how fast the last 5 years have gone by!  Reef is becoming such a little grown up right before our eyes.  He has been counting down to his birthday for the last 2 and a half weeks.  Finally the big day arrived.  Per his very specific request, I made him T rex cookie with blue icing and green sprinkles for his entire preschool the day before his bday.  I actually didn't have enough cookie dough and planned on only sending enough for his class, but this boy was not having it.  He really loves sharing his treats with all the classes and the teachers.  On Tuesday, he was excited about pancakes for breakfast and couldn't wait until the afternoon when we would celebrate with presents and snow cones. 
His class at ladies Bible class sang to him when he got there.  A special thing Reef got to do on his bday was watch our friend Wee be baptized.  He had to choose between going to class or watching, and he definitely wanted to watch.
After a nap, we headed to the sno cone trailer at HEB.  Reef and Lachlan chose green ones, while Jonas got a red one.  They were all excited that I didn't make them share!


Lachlan liked his for about 4 bites before it was too cold for him.
After snow cones, it was back home for presents.  As you can see, someone isn't happy that he doesn't have one...
Opening his books from Oma and Opa.
Opening his big present from Mommy, Daddy, Lachlan, and Jonas.  A "teeny tiny lego" fire station.
Here everyone is picking out the part that will be "theirs".  Luckily there were enough men and trucks to go around.
The rest of the afternoon was spent putting together all 682 pieces.  These boys were in love!  I made a special birthday dinner of tacos, as requested by Reef, but I think he could've skipped dinner all together since he was very busy putting out fires.  The next night we had pigs in a blanket since he couldn't decide on just 1 birthday dinner.
I'm sure you're wondering where the cake was.  His party was on the 7th and I didn't think we needed 2 cakes/cupcakes.  I'm a bad mom, I know...
Reef's Favorites Things at age 5:
Food:  He says vegetables, all of them.
Fruit: apples
Favorite lunch: peanut butter and honey sandwich
Colors: black, blue, green
Best friend: Ethan
Toy: legos, of course.
Things we want to remember about our guy: 
-He is such a climber!  He loves climbing the tree in the backyard and all over the fort.
-He is a very loving guy.  There is never a shortage of "I love you's" from this guy.
-He's turning into a very big helper around the house.
We have really enjoyed watching Reef grow up this year.  When he was born, the plan was not for me to be a stay at home mom, but I'm so glad I haven't missed this journey!  Can't wait to see what the next year brings!

1 comment:

thewhitehouse said...

I cannot believe he is 5!! Seems like yesterday we were organizing all of your shower gifts in his room. By the way, love the christmas wrapping paper :)