Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baby Shower and pregnancy update

Last weekend, my sweet friends and family showered us with tons of girly gifts.  It was really fun to celebrate the addition of baby girl to our family! 
Erin hosted the shower at her house.  Look at all this food!  Even with 20 guests, we barely made a dent.  Please note the jelly bellies (a current craving, especially the cinnamon ones) and the starburst reds (a recent craving).  She knows me so well!  We also had the pringles pickle-flavored chips.  I didn't love them, but most of the other pregnant ladies did!
Can you believe all these presents?!  We are truly blessed!  And the baby already has a pink movie chair!  It saw much love when it went home and now lives in the attic until she's ready for it.  I really couldn't believe how generous our friends were!  This baby will definitely be well-dressed and diapered!
 My photographer, Taylor, tooks TONS of pictures of me opening presents.  This is the only one where I don't have 3 chins and am not making a weird face.
 Meanwhile, at my house with 2 dads and 5 boys, things like this happen...

And now a brief update on the pregnancy...I am currently in the 35th week.  When I saw the dr. last week, baby girl was measuring about a week behind, but she is not concerned about that at this point.  I have an ultrasound this Thursday just to get a new weight estimate.  The current plan is to do an amniocentesis on the 1st or 2nd to check for lung maturity and then induce on the 3rd, assuming the amnio comes back positive.  It's early but we are hoping to avoid the shoulder dystocia that Lachlan had.
I want her to stay in until full term, but I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over!  The morning sickness has continued for the whole time and has actually been worse this last week!  I'm also just getting very tired and uncomfortable.  And I hate my clothes!  Current cravings:  pretzel sticks, jelly beans, whataburger hamburgers, cherry limeade/cherry coke from Sonic...Healthy stuff, huh?  As far as the name goes, we still aren't 100% committed to anything.  Troy prayed for "Poppy" the other day, and Reef said, "I didn't think we were committed to that." Reef is still voting for Zara.  I don't anticipate being decided before she comes.  Today we set up the porta-crib in our room and sorted through all her newborn clothes.  We are so ready for her to be here!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sweetness!
You are so pretty.