Monday, September 7, 2009

On my own...

On Thursday, we said goodbye to Oma and Opa (twice actually after a time mix up at the airport!), so Friday I was on my own. Thursday afternoon was very rough with Lachlan being extremely fussy, so I was on the verge of a panic attack, worrying about how I would handle Friday with no help. Luckily Friday was a much better day and not as hard as I thought it would be.
John and Daphne's last 2 weeks were filled with fun for the boys! We rode the train at the zoo
fed the ducks
rode a different train at Funtastic Playland,
(Lachlan was too small for the Funtastic train)
went to the library, and shopped till we dropped at Old Navy and the Rim. We even squeezed in a grown ups only dinner at Maggiano's (yum!)!

Reef also got his first big boy haircut while J&D were here. I took him to Great Clips since we were tired of spending the big bucks at the kids place for a bad job. Reef was pretty traumatized by the whole experience but perked up afterward when rewarded with a balloon, 4 stickers, a sucker, AND a cookie. I don't think he recognized himself when he caught sight of himself in a window!

Our sweet friends, the Chapmans, brought this castle and knights over to entertain the boys! They love it, and so did Opa!


Oma and Opa's departure was definitely bittersweet. While I am definitely ready to get into the groove of things, those extra hands and entertainment are missed! Reef woke up the next day wanting to wake Opa up, and Jonas continues to point them out in a picture on the wall. We can't wait until you guys come back or we get to visit you!!

No comments: