Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Zoo trip and other stuff

We spent the Martin Luther King holiday last week at the zoo with our friends Archer (2 months younger than Jonas) and Jude (5 1/2 months).

It was a warm day and the boys were very well-behaved the first half of the morning. Unfortunately, after lunch, it was a disaster! First, the stroller had a major wheel malfunction that made pushing it very hard. Then, when we visited goat petting zoo, Reef was very upset when he had to leave the brush before we moved onto the birds. This led to a major screaming fit and the decision to skip the birds and head home instead. The meltdown stopped briefly when we got to the lion statue since I had already promised the chance to climb on the lions. But quickly started again after he got his foot stuck between the lions. Then to top things off, Jonas decided he would no longer ride in the stroller or be happily carried. Needless to say, I was happy when we got home and everyone got a nap!




I brought out the toy box last week with toys that we don't play with very often. As usual, the box is always the best toy!



As a special treat, I made frozen chocolate-covered bananas for a snack a few days ago. They were loved by all! Reef preferred the chocolate, but I think Jonas actually liked the banana best.



This is our new fort in the backyard. So far, we've pretended it was a house, a train travelling to the library, an airplane, and a drive-thru restaurant. Such imaginations!

I didn't take these but found them on the camera today. I guess Troy took them while the boys were trying on his shoes. There were several shots and I'm surprised they were willing to share the shoes!


This week is pretty much our usual schedule with preschool and ladies class, but Troy and I did go out last night (without the boys!) to celebrate Australia Day with some friends. It was a long dinner so I'm sure Reef and Jonas had more fun playing with Rachel, one of their favorite babysitters! Troy has been working TONS of hours this month, and we're hoping it slows down soon. Luckily, my mom and Grandma made a quick trip down this weekend to keep me company and do some cleaning. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
On Thursday, I'll be taking Jonas to the ENT to talk about his constant sinus/ear infections. He's been healthy for 3 weeks but just started with cough and runny nose again. I'm wondering if tubes will be in our near future...
Then, on Friday, I have my first appointment with my new doctor. I'm excited because we'll get to see the baby again, but it's probably too early to tell the sex. I've been feeling really sick the last couple of weeks but am hoping the end is near. With Reef, it lasted until 20 weeks (yuck), but I can't remember how long it lasted with Jonas; that whole pregnancy is kind of a blur.
I'll be gone all weekend for Ladies' Retreat, so this will be Troy's first overnight experience with the boys without me. He's excited but needs prayers because I know he'll be worn out after a long week.

No comments: