Friday, January 30, 2009

Doctors Appointments

Yesterday we took Jonas to the ENT to talk about his ears and constant sinus infections. The good news is that tubes are not in the near future since the doctor doesn't usually do them until after 5-6 ear infections. The bad news is that Jonas has fluid/mucus in his right ear that's not infected yet but may get that way. Tubes would also be considered if the fluid sits there for more than 3 months. As far as the sinus junk goes, that's just something we have to ride out. When Jonas' immune system gets stronger, he won't be so susceptible. This makes sense because Reef has been so much more healthy this winter.
I went to the Ob/gyn today and had a great visit. This was my first visit to my new doctor. We had the sonogram first, and the baby looks great! No guesses on the sex yet (darn!) but totally healthy. He/she was measuring a few days ahead so my new due date is August 7, same as Tara's! After the sonogram, I got to see the doctor and she was really nice. I was treated exactly as I expected to be treated. I also found out the my doctor who delivered Reef and Jonas is coming back in April or May! So, she may get to deliver this one too. I'll be happy either way. By the time I got my bloodwork done, I'd been at the doctor 3 hours! This was the only negative about the visit, but other patients said it's not always like that. My next appointment is March 6 and we get to find out if we're having a little brother or little sister! I can't wait.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Poor Jonas, I hope things work out so he gets feeling better. I'm glad to hear you had a good Dr. appointment and that your baby is healthy. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Tara said...

Same due date--that is awesome:-)

I think you'll be finding out the sex before I do--my dr usually waits until 20 weeks.

Glad the visit went well!