Monday, January 12, 2009

The rest of Christmas break until now

Okay, so it's finally time to update on the rest of our Christmas break until now. I know it's way late but things are a little rough over here. Jonas is just finished up some antibiotics for a double ear infection, so he was in a BAD BAD mood for a while. We're visiting the ENT at the end of the month to talk about tubes.
Of course, just when we thought things were getting back to normal, he's been waking up screaming in the middle of the night or sometimes right when he goes to bed. This is very unusual for him since usually he'll go back to sleep when given his pacifier. We visited the doctor again today to check his ears, but they were all clear. So, we're calling it teething and he said we could give Tylenol as needed. I felt better knowing that it was okay to give Tylenol so much but wish there was more we could do.
I also had to switch OB/GYNs. My doctor who delivered the boys took a leave of absence to be a stay-at-home-mom for awhile and is returning part time in March but will only to GYN. So, this left me doctor-less! I picked a practice that several of my friends go to and a doctor who has rave reviews. They couldn't get me in right away with her but said I could see her partner to confirm the pregnancy. This sounded good because it got me in sooner. Well, I saw the guy once, had an ultrasound, and then they told me to come back to "go over the results" with him. I thought it was weird since obviously the ultrasound looked fine but went anyway. I paid $40 co-pay just to have him say, "They saw a heartbeat. You're still due in August." I was so mad! Then, to top it off, he said I'd have to see the prenatal nurse before I could see the doctor I originally requested. So, I wouldn't see "my" doctor until the 5th visit! This was not sitting well with me or Troy, so I've decided to try the practice my old doctor will be joining. I have an appointment on the 30th. I've been feeling more nauseous the last week or so and still really tired, but things are going well. I'm pretty sure I'll have to bust out the maternity pants a little earlier this time though!
So, back to our Christmas break...We had a quick visit from Aunt Taylor and Jacob, which was a nice surprise. And then Troy and our friend Tim build a really cool fort attached to the slide in the backyard. The boys love it! So far, they've pretended it's a house, a bus, and a restaurant. It makes it easier for me because I don't have to worry about Jonas falling down the old ramp. We wrapped up the vacation with a visit from my dad and Aunt Paula. This was the first time my dad had visited us in San Antonio, so it was really important to me. They came bearing many gifts for the boys, who loved their new stuff.
This guitar was a big hit for Reef. He thinks it's a REAL wiggles guitar. Thanks Aunt Staci! Jonas also got a guitar, so they were pretty funny together.




Jonas really likes to ride on Troy's back and decided to ride on Reef last week. It wasn't a long ride though!

On Saturday, we took a trip to the Texas Transportation Museum, a place with old cars and real trains. Troy and I thought it was kind of a rip-off but the boys loved every minute of it. The highlight of the day was a ride on a real caboose. Reef has talked about it everyday since then!


Jonas has really gotten into reading these days, which reminds of when Reef was this age. They could both read for hours. Jonas definitely has his favorites and wants to read the same 3 all the time.
This is one of his favorites. He loves when the bugs go "CRASH!"
Somebody needs to keep me accountable to update more often. Any volunteers?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey Lauren. Glad to hear you had a nice holiday with lots of family. I'm sorry you had to find a new Dr. that is the worst! If you need to look again, I really liked my OB/GYN in SA, her name is Jennifer Jacobs and she is at the Medical Towers at St. Luke's hospital (over by UTHSC). I don't know how far of a drive that would be for you though.
Anyway, cute pics of the kids!