Friday, April 2, 2010

Playgroup Egg Hunt

Be sure to scroll down to catch all of our recent updates.
On Wednesday, my sweet friend Kathryn organized a special playgroup for everyone. First we rode the zoo train. Always a big hit with my little conductors!
Here they are with friends Leyna and Lily Kate.

After the train ride, we had a nice picnic lunch. It was a super sunny, warm day but they were all very patient waiting for lunch and even wore their hats the whole time.
Here's Lachlan with his new girlfriend, Lily Kate.

After lunch, Kathryn organized an egg hunt for all the kiddos. With 13 kids that was a lot of eggs to put together!
Here they are waiting to get started. Kathryn was trying to tell them that Easter is really about Jesus, not the Easter bunny. I'm not sure they were listening, but I'm glad she was trying. I need to be better about putting the emphasis on Jesus and not the cultural traditions, so thanks for reminding me, Kathryn!



My hunters finishing up.

And finally, an attempt at a group shot. Not very successful.


Thanks for putting together such a great day!

1 comment:

Claire & Eden said...

I'm so glad yall had fun =) Yes, I tried but I know it will be better next year when they're even older!! I have a great activity to share now that I know it worked and will post about it this week. I'm still trying to catch up!