Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

Easter was pretty low key for us this year. Troy had Good Friday off, so we enjoyed that extra family day. The boys spent it moving and re-filling the sandbox with new sand. And then they played in it forever. We've discovered that if you want to renew their love for something move it to a new place or pack it away for a few days/weeks.
Anyway, on Saturday I decided to try egg dyeing with them again. I found it pretty stressful last year as they launched their eggs across the table, hoping to get them in the cups. Learning from my mistakes, we moved the process outside this year and limited it to only 3 colors. We only had 9 eggs in the fridge so I didn't see the point in making all 9 colors. Now I don't have to buy a new kit next year! Things were much better this year, but it went so fast that I kind of wished we had more eggs to do. They would have kept dunking the eggs if I'd let them, but I didn't want them all to turn out brown!


Of course, on Easter morning, all 3 of them woke up WAY too early, and the Easter bunny had to scramble to get the eggs hidden.
Their baskets were filled with books, play doh, a bubble gun, and a new lego animal.


Except Lachlan's...I'm sad to say that I was finished with the shopping before I remembered that he needed stuff for his basket! Poor third child! He did have fun just playing with the basket though...


Ready for the egg hunt...Do you see how dark it is outside? I told you it was early!




We filled the eggs with fruit snacks since we were tired of all the candy they had been getting. I've got to remember that idea for next year!
After our egg hunt, it was off to Bible class. After church, I asked what they had learned about. This is what they said:
Reef: Jesus died on the cross.
Jonas: Jesus was crying. Birds were singing (he's very sure about this.)
R: But Jesus isn't died on the cross anymore.
J: No, the toon is empty!
Looks like the main idea of the story! Next year we'll work on the details.

No comments: