Sunday, March 14, 2010

Survivor 2010

Last weekend was the annual Survivor Retreat for our youth group. Troy has been helping with this retreat for 5 years and was gone Thursday-Sunday. So, the boys and I were surviving on our own for Thursday and Friday. I was tired after 2 days on my own and really don't know single moms do it! Gigi and Mr. Don arrived late Friday so that I could join the kids and Troy for the actual retreat. I had been preparing Lachlan for this for several weeks, hoping he'd be willing to take the bottle! The secret, we discovered, was heating it up.

While Lachlan did not sleep well while I was gone, everything else went great for the boys. Lachlan took the bottle without complaint, and Reef and Jonas were very helpful and had a great time playing with Gigi and Mr. Don. They were actually sad when I came home early on Sunday because they wanted to have lunch with Gigi!

Troy and all the guys who went down early did a great job getting everything set up for the kids. The weather was perfect this year, and I think everyone had a great day. It really is a great opportunity to test their ability to work as a team, and the guys did a great job tying in biblical knowledge this year. We're already throwing around ideas for next year.

Here are some pics of the day:


Wheel of Grossness

My Green Team


The only picture of me and Troy together.

Another one of the Green Machine.

No comments: