Wednesday, March 10, 2010

7 months

Well, yet another month has gone by, and yet again I've been terrible at taking pictures! 7 months old has brought the important milestone of rolling. Lachlan's really rolling a lot these days, and I even found him sleeping on his tummy today! He's also tried a couple of times to move toward something while on his tummy, so crawling may come soon, although I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Our 7 month weigh in was 19lbs 6oz, so not too much more than 6 months.
Things to remember:
-Mornings are your best times. You're just so talkative and smiley in the AM.
-You love your brothers; they can always get a lot of laughs out of you.
-Daddy is also fascinating to you right now and you get so excited when he comes in from work.
-After a slow start with baby foods, you're enjoying a variety of fruits and veggies now and rapidly increasing the amount you take at each meal.
-You're finally okay with taking a bottle and even let mommy leave for a full 24 hours! More on that in a different post though.
-Still not sleeping through the night and we're not really sure what to do about it. For about a week, you were waiting until after 4am to eat and I thought we were headed in the right direction but this week, it's back to 2:30. Hopefully this month will bring some much-needed progress in the sleep department.
-No teeth! That tooth I felt a couple weeks ago is gone! The gums must just be more swollen now because that tooth is nowhere to be found. You're chewing up a storm, though, so something must be brewing under there! I really can't believe there's no teeth yet. Reef and Jonas both had teeth by 4 months!
-You're starting to notice when you have been left alone in a room. You used to be content to play alone for a minute but now you cry if we all leave the room without you. You're even testing out this response when I put you in your bed. You give out one good cry to see if I will come back.
-You've also started reaching for me when you see me. I love to be wanted but hope this isn't the start of separation anxiety!
-We completely moved to a 4 hour eating schedule in the last month. Babywise says not to do it until you're sleeping through the night but I just couldn't force you to eat every 3 anymore!
Here's the photo shoot of this month: