Monday, November 28, 2011

Jonas is 4

Jonas celebrated his 4th birthday on the 8th.  He was so excited and has been counting down for weeks. 
He's had this train cake in mind since his last birthday; he likes to plan ahead.  Troy did a great job making Jonas's dream come true.
He got a Lego police station from us.  He was very excited to put it together; his dad thinks it's pretty cool too.  He also got a Star Wars lego ship from Oma and Opa.
When I talked to Jonas about a party, all he wanted was his BFF Rylan.  So, we planned a pizza dinner with Rylan and his family.  It was all Jonas dreamed it would be.  Pizza, cake, Rylan.  Rylan and Liam also gave Jonas 3 new superhero shirts that he is very excited about.  I am hoping it puts an end to morning get dressed battles.
He refused to smile during "Happy Birthday".
But couldn't hold the happiness in once he dug into the cake!
Rylan was also a fan.  I love the relationship these 2 have!
On his birthday, we talked about some of his favorite things:
Food: "macaroni" pizza
Color: red, black
Book: Trouble at the Dinosaur Cafe
Dessert: My train cake
Friend: Rylan
Movie: Cars 2
Superhero: Superman
Bad guy: Black bad guy
What I want to be when I grow up: Superhero
Place to visit: Australia
Favorite toys: lego, trucks, my bike
Jonas's 4 year check up was rough this year.  He likes Dr. Gulde but not when it's his turn to be "doctored".  We battled through the hearing test and exam.  When I finally got him on the scale he was 29.8lb (10th%) and 42 inches (75th%).  It was hard to really visit with the doctor but developmentally, Jonas is right on track.  We've been struggling with night bedwetting this month, but have found that if Troy wakes him at 10pm to go, then he will wake up dry.  Kind of pain but way easier than changing the sheets.
Jonas continues to be my strong-willed child.  He has his opinions and will not be swayed.  Although this leads to some major clashes, I've read that it can be a good thing later on since his moral convictions will likely be so strong.
When we're not battling clothing, naptime, dinnertime, bathtime, Jonas is such a fun guy.  When he loves you, he loves you fiercely.  And when he is happy, he is very happy.  The rough times have become fewer in the last couple months; as long as he is well-rested and well-fed, I can usually avoid meltdowns.
Jonas, we love you and can't wait to see how you grow this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how about we suck each others c==k for your birthday? I would love to feel yours getting hard in my mouth and little boys give the best head, the apt building I lived in a couple of years ago I taught a 2 year old and he gave amazing head right up until I moved when he was 9, loved cumming in his tight little arse too