Saturday, July 23, 2011

A good day

A couple of weeks ago, we had a really good day at home.  One of those days when I felt like a good mom.  I wasn't distracted by exhaustion, or my email, or my to do list.  I felt like I was able to be really present with the kids.  I hope we can have more days like this as Poppy gets more predictable and gives me hope that homeschooling will work out!
 We kicked the day off with making Jonas's choice for Treat Tuesday: these baked jelly-filled donut holes.  We watched a little TV (I'm not perfect) and, after lunch, headed outside for a swim in the green pool.  They had a blast and napped well that day!

2 comments:

Sara said...

May you have many more days where you feel like the awesome mom that you are!

Kim said...

So glad you had such a good day. Here is to many more!