Monday, June 20, 2011

Grandpa

My grandpa was an amazing man, a man who loved God and spent his life doing His work.  I am so very sad the he is gone.  Not sad for him but for those of us who were left behind.  I am especially sad for the great grandchildren who didn't get enough time with him and for those, like Poppy, who won't get to know him at all.  I am not sad for Grandpa because we know that he is healthy, happy, and whole in Heaven, rejoicing with our Savior.  I look forward to the day when I too will hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant" and be reunited with my grandfather forever.

2 comments:

Tara said...

So sorry for your loss, Lauren. Praying for peace for you.

Kim said...

So sorry Lauren. Hope you can find some comfort. I agree with you, it is always harder on the ones left behind.