Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trip to Gigi's

Last weekend, the boys and I made a quick trip to Gigi's house to celebrate cousin Jacob's first birthday. I really can't believe he's already 1!
I searched high and low for a road trip buddy since I was a little nervous about making the trip with both boys and being this pregnant. Basically, I pictured the usual 4 hour trip taking way longer due to multiple potty breaks on my part. No luck finding a buddy, but we decided it was still worth it to go, so we headed off after breakfast Thursday. Our portable DVD player has been a lifesaver and we made it to Conroe with just one snack/movie change stop and 1 stop for lunch/potty. We had lunch at McDonald's in Navasota (where I went to jr high and high school) and it was quite the culture shock for my guys. They were fascinated by the group of African American guys sitting near us! Thursday afternoon was spent swimming with Grandma (Grandpa didn't bring his suit and Reef was NOT happy about this) and having dinner with my dad. Friday, we swam again with both Grandma and Grandpa and had Jacob's birthday dinner that evening. Jacob wasn't too sure about these big guys yet but soon warmed up and started chasing them around. We followed Aunt Taylor to the restaurant, and Reef was worried she was leaving without us. I told him to keep an eye on her. He said, "I can't close just 1 eye, so I'll use both eyes, okay?" So funny! Dinner was very exciting, with a guitar player, the happy birthday song, and of course cake. It was so good to be able to celebrate with Taylor and Jacob!
Saturday morning, we went to the splash fountain with Gigi. It was a big hit last year and did not disappoint this year either! We did leave bumped and bruised from various run-ins with each other, another little girls, and the concrete in general, but they didn't let that slow them down! We ended the visit with a swim with Gigi and Mr. Don (Mommy wasn't feeling good) and another dinner with my dad.




The drive home was uneventful with just one stop for pottying, movie change, and putting PJs on. I super tired but glad to be home in time to sleep in my own bed and celebrate all of Father's Day with Troy.

No comments: