Friday, June 5, 2009

Busy busy!

May was quite a busy month for us, but now I can't even remember what all we did! Reef had his end-of-year program at preschool. He was very serious about the whole thing. The teachers had told everyone to stand still with their arms at their sides, and, while all his classmates waved to their parents, Reef was still as a statue with his hands glued to his sides.


After the program, their was a reception with cookies and crackers. A big hit with my guys!
Goodbye Jeep!


The days have seemed very long since preschool ended, especially if the boys get up really early. I busted out the play-doh last week and am always reminded why we don't do it more often. What a mess!

We try to do our outside activities early in the AM since it is already so hot here. This is our new favorite park-obviously.




Our neighbors behind us, John and Babette, have graciously offered us the use of their pool anytime we like, so we've taken advantage of that several times. The boys have enjoyed it, and I think it's good preparation for their swimming lessons that start next week. John even took some pics of us swimming. How great is that!


The boys and I have also made some day trips to Sea World and the zoo while Troy is at work, but no pictures of those trips since I have a hard enough time just keeping up with the kids!
Also in May, we celebrated the graduation of our NEON (youth group) kids. I can't believe our 4 years is done!
June is shaping up to be another busy month for us, with 2 weeks of swimming lessons, a trip to the beach with one of Troy's co-workers and his wife, a visit from Gigi, and a possible trip to Conroe for cousin Jacob's birthday. I'll try to do better with my blogging though...I forget so many things if I don't write them down right away.
I'll leave you with some funny things Reef and Jonas have said lately:
  • Reef: "Are you annoying me, Jonas?" He says he learned that word from me.
  • Jonas, pointing his finger at Reef, "Listen!" Think I'm guilty of that one too!
  • Me: "What did you learn in Sunday school today?" Reef: "About Jesus." Me: "What was he doing?" Reef: "Nothing. He was just in my Bible."
  • Discussing middle names for Lachlan today (we are very open to suggestions, by the way!). Reef: "I like LUKE. Let me show you which one that is on the list, Dad. (he did actually point to the right one). Not JAMES, I don't like that one. Jonas, on the other hand, liked Bruce, saying, "Lochy Bruce!" This is the first time he's even said the baby's name!









1 comment:

Tara said...

Love that Reef is giving input on the names! Does he only work off the list, or does he come up with his own too?

Great pics at the park!