Thursday, January 5, 2012

12 for '12

We're 5 days into 2012.  Is that too late to make some resolutions?  I don't think so...
1. Read through the whole Bible.  I tried this in 2010 and made it 10 months but never finished. 
2. Make a budget and stick to it.  We are so bad about just buying what we want, when we want it.  I think it will be good to have to wait for some things.  And it will be good for us to be more mindful of where our money is going.
3.  Organize all the pictures from 2010 and 2011.  And keep up with the ones from this year.  This also includes hanging more pictures on the walls.  Currently there are no framed pictures of Lachlan or Poppy.
4. Declutter and organize the whole house.
5. Serve more, especially with the kids.
6. Meal plan more efficiently.  I feel like this will help with resolution #2.  So many times, we get to a day that I have nothing to cook and we end up eating out.  I like cooking and trying new stuff, though, so this one could be fun.  Plus I pinned a really cute meal planning board on pinterest.
7. Spend quality time with each child by him/herself.  This is especially important for Lachlan and Jonas.
8. Love more.  Criticize less. Both verbally and mentally.  I am very quick to think negative things about people, and not so quick to point out the positive.  Must change this...
9.  Get in shape.
10. Eat healthier.  Aren't these on everyone's resolution list?
11. Have a deeper prayer life.  This one's a repeat from 2010, but I don't think you can ever get deep enough in your relationship with God.  And, I know I'm not deep enough...
12.  Waste less time.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Love your list- thanks for sharing! I think many of these are the same for me - I especially love #5.

Sara said...

Great list. May 2012 bless your socks off!