Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We spent this year's Thanksgiving in Conroe with my family.  The road trip over there was our best yet.  We stopped in La Grange to feed Poppy and again in Navasota because Lachlan was acting like he might throw up.  We made it to Montgomery in good time and enjoyed a great visit with my dad.
We haven't been to my dad's house since the kids were born.  By the time I got Poppy out of the van, I found Reef and Jonas deep in discussion about a pile of horse poop.  This was definitely a whole new world for them.  Lachlan was excited to see my dad and first up on the tractor.
 Reef was next.
 Jonas took awhile to warm up, so he took a spin with Troy.
 After tractor driving and checking out a bucket of vintage (i.e. 1980s) McDonalds happy meal toys, it was time for horse riding.  Poppy was not scared.
 Reef bravely went first.
 After seeing that Reef got to pick a toy horse after riding the real one, Jonas was willing to try it out.  Lachlan said no way but still got to pick a horse.
After we visited and snacked, we decided on McDonald's for dinner.  Lachlan was very taken with my dad (aka Mr. Jerry) and invited him to eat at McD's with us by yelling, "Jerry, you want some food?" 
After dinner, it was off to Gigi's house.  The boys were super excited to be at Gigi's house and Poppy was excited to be out of the car.  Taylor and Jacob came by for a quick visit before bedtime.  Bedtime was rough for everyone but Reef.  Lachlan is definitely not ready for room-sharing!
After breakfast, a nap for Poppy, and some time with Mr. Don and Gigi, we were off to Grandma's house to see the rest of the fam.  We enjoyed being the my grandma and seeing the aunts, uncles, and cousins.  It was a little chaotic so the camera didn't make it out of the diaper bag :( We missed the big family meal (naptime) but enjoyed some leftovers when we came back.  Naptime wasn't great either, and we could tell the boys were fading fast, so Troy and I decided to come back home Thursday night.  I was sad that we didn't to spend as much time with my mom and Taylor as I would've liked, but it was the right decision.  It was nice for us all to be in our own beds and everyone slept well that night, and we had all Friday to unpack, do laundry, and hit the grocery store.
It was a great trip, but I'm looking forward to next turkey day when I can enjoy all the dairy-filled food!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crestschein