Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ears

We finally got a call on Tuesday that an appointment with the ENT opened up for Thursday afternoon. It was at 2:30, which totally interfered with nap time and our plans to leave for Dallas, but I took the appointment anyway since that was my only option. After a long wait, Lachlan was called back for his hearing test, which he passed. Then, after another long wait, we finally met with Dr. Moe. After hearing the history of 5 ear infection and 7 rounds of antibiotics since December, he agreed that tubes were the way to go. I jokingly told the nurse that "tomorrow was good for me".
Well, when I met with the scheduling lady, the next day, Friday, was a possibility! I hesitated to take it since we had plans to travel to Dallas this weekend, and it was a late morning appointment so it would be a long time for Lach to go without eating. Of course when I heard next available was June 2, we decided to take the Friday appointment.
I fed Lachlan at 2am and it held him over until the surgery. He didn't even act like he was missing out on any meals, which was good. Thankfully, Ms. Theresa was available on short notice to watch Reef and Jonas, so we dropped them off and headed to the surgery center at 9. At about 10:15, they took him back to surgery, and the doctor was back to see us about 7 minutes later. They do this surgery SOO fast! By 10:30, I had my baby back in my arms!
He was pretty fussy for most of yesterday but not nearly as bad as Jonas after he had his tubes done! He napped well and slept well last night, and today is getting back to his normal self.
The cool thing about the way this all happened is that our prayer request at Life Group last Sunday was: for Lachlan to get into the ENT soon and get the tubes taken care of very soon also! We had no idea that within the week, we'd get an appt, and then, less than 24 hrs later, have the tubes done and behind us as well! God is good!

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun birthday party for Reef! I bet he had a great day.
So happy that you were able to get Lachlan's ears taken care off. What a blessing and a much needed answered prayer.

Sara said...

Oh good, that'll make life easier, I hope. That's a cool testimony of answered prayers.