Thursday, April 30, 2009

More changes and some pictures!

Well, this week has brought about more changes in the Gibbins house.
First big change: No morning nap for Jonas! I think he would have liked to continue the nap but he was getting up at 5am! So, I kind of forced him to sleep in by leaving him in his bed talking in the mornings and then keeping awake until afternoon nap time. It's gone well, with only 3 days resulting in needing the morning nap or falling asleep in the car on the way home from something. It has definitely helped the morning sleeping in; now he's waking up between 6:30 and 8 but staying in his bed until at least 7:30! YES!!
Second big change: No more pacifier for Reef! We tried this a couple weeks ago with no success. I finally had to cut the ends off of the paci's because they were so chewed that they were becoming choking hazards. Reef didn't like the feel of that so he chose not to use one last night. I only had to go into his room once and that was to take him potty. We were so impressed and surprised! He is struggling with naptime as I type this, but hopefully success there will follow soon.
As far as pictures go, this has been a funny week. The boys were in need of a new toy earlier this week, so I busted out the large tupperware and spatulas for drumming. A big hit but a headache for Troy! So he brought out his ear muffs that he uses when sawing. Needless to say, he didn't keep them for long!
Taking a break in the box.
Back to drumming. Look at that excitement!
The next day, we traded drumsticks for gloves...
Now I know what happens when I'm not in the room...
Today was my monthly OB appointment. Aside from a 10 pound (WHAT?!?) weight gain, everything looks good. The doctor isn't concerned about my weight gain, especially since I had a similar month when preggo with Jonas. I'm really excited because the practice I'm in is starting their deliveries at the new hospital in Stone Oak and starting to see patients there in June. That'll cut my travel time in half!
While I was at the doctor, Troy and Greg took the boys to their 2nd trip to Sea World. They fed the dolphins, bought toys at the gift shop, saw the penguins, climbed the rope walls/slides (twice!) and watched the otter show! Sounds exhausting to me!
Here's the group with Shamu and dolphin friend
Watching the otter show

2 comments:

Claire & Eden said...

Those drumming pics are AWESOME! Those will be in wedding and graduation slideshows =)

Allison said...

The boys have gotten SO big! I'm glad you are all well. And bravo for Reef with no paci! HOORAY!