Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The big 3-0!

On November 4th, I turned the big 3-0.  I really don't feel any older, but Reef never lets me forget that I'm 30 now.  My friends and family definitely spoiled me for my birthday.
On the Thursday before my bday, Erin and Kristin arranged a get together at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate.
 Troy is a great gift-giver, WAY better than me.  He also loves surprises.  He went all out this year.
I woke up on Friday to find this on the kitchen counter:
 It's my Ipod set up to play Come Away with Me by Norah Jones.
On the floor was this:
 Can you read it?  It's a large box that says, "Open the box ONLY AFTER playing song.
And in the box was this:
"Pack me and be ready at 4pm, returning Sunday afternoon.
The other paper is a list of things to get done for Georgia (change bed sheets, proofread the instructions Troy typed for her, etc) and a candy bar to eat.
 
I was so excited!  This fall has been long and stressful at times, especially with Troy working so much and Nicaragua coming up.  A get-away was just what I needed.  And 2 nights!  Sometimes a 1 night get away feels rushed, so I was very excited for 2. 
 
That's the end of the pictures, but no the end of the story.
Ms. Theresa came over until Georgia got off work.  Troy whisked me away to a downtown hotel.  We bypassed check-in, and I assumed he had done it before picking me up.  We went to "our" room, and Erin and Chris were there.  I was very confused!  Troy thought it would be fun to have friends to hang out with! 
We spent the afternoon shopping (the men loved it), and then went to Schilo's for dinner.  We sat a huge table, and, again, I was confused.  It turns out he had invited some of our closest friends to join us for dinner.  It was a great time to relax and catch up.  We ended the evening with games at the hotel.  It was so special that my friends gave up 2 nights with their families to celebrate with me!

The next day was spent eating, shopping, and going to the movies.  We saw Pitch Perfect and thought it was hilarious.  We wrapped the day up with Fuddrucker's; I love the cheese sauce there!

All in all, it was a perfect weekend.  I'm so thankful for the all the hard work Troy put in to make it happen and for our wonderful babysitters, Theresa and Georgia.  It's always easier to relax when I know the kids are in good hands.

Can't wait to see what 30 has in store for me!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Happy birthday! I love that Troy and your friends went all out celebrating you!