Saturday, December 29, 2012

Decorating for Christmas

Before I headed to Nicaragua, we had to get the Christmas decorations up.  I was already going to miss Breakfast with Santa, so I didn't want to miss this too!  We debated real vs fake Christmas trees and decided to invested in a fake one.  I was excited.  The kids are always thrilled to get out the decorations.   Above, is our traditional "stockings as shoes" picture.
Poppy was (and still is) fascinated by the tree, the lights, and the ornaments!  I knew she would be because she redecorated Kristin's tree several times earlier in the week.  Troy tied the tree to the wall, just to be safe.
Lachlan quickly lost interest in tree-decorating and decided he was in charge of setting up the nativity.
We've had these light up Santa hats (from the Whartons) since we moved into this house.  They are well-loved each year!
Now that the stockings are hung and the tree is decorated, I can go on my trip!

No comments: