Monday, June 18, 2012

Poppy: 12 months

At 12 months, Poppy is (most days) so fun to be around.  She is cutting a tooth right now, so that has led to some fussiness and poor sleeping. That brings our teeth count to 7.  She is one of the fastest crawlers I've ever seen.  She likes to do a bear crawl on her feet instead of being on her knees.  Poppy is my only child to not be walking at her first birthday.  She has taken about 15 steps in a row and gets more confident each day.
If she had her way, she'd spend the whole day eating tiny legos, climbing her brothers' slide, and eating the toilet brush.  Instead, she has to suffice for her real toys, though they pale in comparison. 
At the doctor, she weighed in at 20lb 2 oz (50th %ile) and measured 30.75 inches (91st %ile), so she's long and thin. 
She is still a great eater and tries everything we put in front of her.  Her favorite things right now are grapes, berries, and graham crackers.
We are working on her nap schedule.  She wakes in the morning between 6:30 and 7.  Her morning nap is almost 2 hours later for 45 minutes on a good day.  She skipped the morning nap a couple of days last week and it was awful.  Her afternoon nap is at 1 and lasts till 2:45 on a good day.  Bedtime is at 6:45.
I decided to try a cake smash photo shoot for the girl.  Before we brought out the cake, we did some girly tutu and pearly pictures.  I'm no photographer but thought they turned out cute.
This girl loves jewelry.
A funny face.
Excited about the jewels.  And the coming cake.
Let me just touch it first.
I need this whole piece for myself.
Yummy!  I love cake!
This is good stuff!
And what good is cake if you can't share it with your brothers!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Cuteness.

Tara said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

love you on my lap with my hand in your diaper gently stroking your warm, soft, bald baby p---y until you kick like crazy and orgasm, suck and lick my fingers so I can taste that little p---y