Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break 2012

We definitely made the most of Spring Break this year!  Usually I kind of dread spring break-no preschool or ladies' class to keep us occupied.  This year I welcomed the break from schoolwork with Reef and from rushing off somewhere everyday.
We kicked the week off with a trip to the park with the Zimmers.  I love to get Reef and Ethan together when E has days off.


These 2 are already betrothed.  Poppy likes a younger man!
On Tuesday, we headed to the Botanical Gardens with KC and Lyla.  I'd been wanting to check out the butterfly exhibit.  My guys (especially Lachlan) are always excited to see Lyla.

The highlight of the trip was this fly-like-a-butterfly "zip line".

Poppy enjoyed a break from the stroller
We took a family picture in this exact spot when Tanya and Bernie were here 2 1/2 years ago.  My, how they've grown!
Lachlan enjoyed holding her hand...for a few minutes, anyway!
On Wednesday, my grandma came to spend a few days with us.  It was nice to have extra hands while Troy was gone to Survivor.  We hit the park one afternoon with Liam and Jude.
This girl loves to explore.  She especially loves exploring things by taste.  We've really got to watch her!
Jude was very serious about throwing the ball.
As usual, any visitor to the Gibbins house must do the nightly reading.
As you can see, Poppy is well-trained in smiling when the camera is out.
Gigi and Mr. Don drove in late Friday night, so that I could join Troy at the Survivor Retreat.  Looks like they had a great time while I was gone!
While I enjoyed Spring Break, I was definitely ready to get back into our routine!

No comments: