Thursday, June 24, 2010

Conroe Trip

During Troy's first week in Brazil, the boys and I took a week-long trip to Conroe. I was nervous about this trip for two reasons-first road trip on my own with 3 kids and we haven't been away from our beds and routine for this long since Jonas was a baby.
The trip there couldn't have been more perfect, except that no one really napped. But, there was no crying from anyone, and we only had to make one stop to feed Lachlan. We made great time and arrived in Conroe just in time for a big family feast made by Grandma. That first night was rough as we all adjusted to new beds, and there were many fits the next day as a result of too little sleep. Other than that, the boys enjoyed kicking off the visit with a trip to the taco shop. We spent that first day at home, and it became obvious to me that we would need activities to fill the days and prevent boredom.
The next day, we did this activity from Notimeforflashcards.com. We made paint and painted these tennis balls. Then we bounced them to see the patterns they made.

That was a messy activity that led to some sprinkler time to clean up.



Lachlan missed out on the fun but enjoyed some grapes for lunch.

On Friday, we also had a nice dinner with my dad. Here's the first picture of him with all 3 boys.


Saturday, we took a big trip to the Houston Zoo. There's a separate post for that.
Cousins playing together. Considering they don't see each other often, these guys played very well together.

After church and naps on Sunday, my mom and Don and I took the big boys to the splash pad in the Woodlands. Lachlan stayed with Gma and Gpa since we thought he'd like that more. Turns out he cried most of the time :(. Despite a few injuries, Reef and Jonas always enjoy this place.



On Monday, I took the boys to the park and the doughnut shop while Lachlan napped. Reef told me, "I'm going to have a big doughtnut with a hole in it, not a half." This was a big deal since I usually make them share. Can you see the love here?
We loved it so much, we went the next 2 mornings too.
I decided to buy a slip n slide for some cheap entertainment. They loved it even though they didn't really get the hang of it. They especially liked it when I helped them slide really fast.

Even Lachlan got in on the action.



Jacob came over later in the day, so we showed him how much fun it was too.

The best picture I got of all the cousins.

We also enjoyed 2 evenings swimming at Gigi's house but I didn't get any pictures. The whole week was a very nice visit. It was nice to not be so rushed and have time to really enjoy everything. It was also nice to have my sweet grandma cook, clean, and do our laundry for us. Another highlight of the trip was having so much time to spend with my sister and Jacob. I really do miss seeing her.
All in all, a perfect trip, though we did miss Troy immensely! The trip home, however, was not so perfect, with Lachlan throwing up all over himself and the car seat, and lots of crying from all 3 boys.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like a great trip! I wish we had one of those splash parks-looks like fun.

Sara said...

Wow. You are amazing. You make three kids look fun! Looks like a good way to pass the time until Troy gets home. Hope it goes fast!