Monday, January 11, 2010

Prayers

This is the last of 3 posts today, so be sure to scroll down for the others.
We've always prayed at dinner and bedtime with the boys and have started making it a habit to ask them if they would like to say the prayer. Well, Reef has finally started doing it! It's so cute to listen to him and he's so sincere. Every few days he'll a new thing to be thankful for. Tonight it sounded like this:

Dear God, Thank you for this day. Thank you for this food. Thank you for God. Thank you for Jesus. Thank you for my mom and dad. Thank you for my brothers, even Lachlan. Amen.

Sometimes he throws in thank you for my drink or thank you for my friends too.

Jonas is still not sure about the whole thing. Sometimes, if he's not too busy eating already, he'll repeat whatever Reef says, so that's a good start. He did pray on his own a few weeks ago at the learning store. He was playing kitchen and needed pray for his fake pizza before eating it! So funny!


And I'll leave you with a cute pic of Reef and Troy. Reef actually told me to get the camera and take this. A very rare occurence indeed!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love the "even Lachlan!" So cute.