Friday, October 16, 2009

Blogging Bonanza Pt 2: Losing control

But in a good way. God has really been teaching me lately that I do NOT have to have total control over every thing. I think He really started teaching me this lesson when John and Daphne were here, so it hasn't been an easy or short lesson for me! While Troy was in Nebraska a couple weeks ago, my sweet grandparents came to help me out. I could tell I was definitely on my way to giving up control because I was able to let the little things go this time. I even let Grandma get up with Reef in the morning so I could get just a little more sleep. And guess what happened??? He was fine! And I was a little more rested! I only wish I had lost a little control when J & D were here!
Here are some pics of Grandma with the boys. Didn't get any of Grandpa this time though.



I also learned last Wednesday night that God had a lesson for me about pride too. Both boys took a long, late nap, so we decided to go to church. I was talking to Melynda before class, and she said that night's class was on pride. I thought to myself, "I don't need a lesson on that, but I'll check it out anyway." Boy was I wrong! In the class, they showed a movie about a guy building a church and refusing any help becaue he wanted it perfect and his way. Does this sound familiar to anyone??? I was, like, whoa, that is so me!! We talked about how it was his pride getting in the way of the greater good. What an eye opener for me!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thanks for sharing those lessons.