Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reef turns 7!

Reef turned 7 on May 3.  I really can't believe it!  He is getting sooo big. His actual birthday went nothing like I planned since I was hit by the stomach bug.  They got to watch movies all day, so he wasn't complaining too much.
 The next day Gigi and Mr. Don arrived with the coveted Ninjago lego gift in tow.  You can see his new pocket knife back there too.  Doesn't he look so old here?  I am not okay with this.
 As you know, the Gibbins gang is no stranger to messes.  But we went all out with a Messy Birthday Party this year.  It was my favorite birthday party so far!
Each guest got a white shirt with his name on it.
The first event was to eat a donut off a string.
 Then they raced through the colored powder throw (thanks, graffiti run!) and down a shaving cream slide.  This event went way too fast! I blinked ad it was over!
 Next came the whipped cream-cheese ball toss.
 The Chapman boys are such good sports.
 Then we moved on to messy twister, which would probably work better with an older crowd.  Their legs were just too short.  But they loved it anyway!
 Jacob stayed far far away from the mess.
 This is what your feet look like after a round of Messy Twister.
 Then they listened intently to the rules about the gummy bear pie eating contest.
 And dove in.  There were many methods to this game:  the dive in with your face method...
 The scoop with your hands method...
 The "I hope I don't get dirty" method.
 Regardless of the method, I think Logan was the clear winner here.
 The grand finale was a paint fight.  They could've done this all night.
 She squirted herself more than anything else.
 Jacob ventured out and got sprayed right away.
Oh, they had a blast!
.
A final messy group shot.

 Of course, after getting that messy, you have to clean up to go inside.  I think it was very cold.
 Reef picked a dirt cake.  I loved it because it's not supposed to look perfect!


 And finally, we opened presents.
We had a great time celebrating Reef's 7th birthday, and those paint shirts are asked for every.single.day at my house!  Can't wait to see what this next year brings for our sweet boy!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You guys have the most creative birthday parties I've ever seen! Wish we could have been in on all that messy fun!

Ashli said...

What a great party, I'll have to remember this in a couple of years.