Saturday, September 20, 2008

Way behind

I feel like I'm way behind with keeping up with my blog. I knew it was too good to be true that I could consistently update a couple times a week. In my defense, I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with life. Reef being in preschool 2 days a week plus ladies class and playgroup seems to be eating up all my time to get things done. On top of that, we've been busy cleaning in preparation for Oma and Opa's visit. They arrive tomorrow, and Reef is very excited. The countdown to our cruise is 6 days. I can't believe it's finally here!


As far as preschool goes, Reef is doing really well. He cried at the drop-off Thursday and Monday, but no tears this most recent Thursday. He also got to be the line leader on Thursday and received a special sticker for this. I think he's really enjoying it!


We've started the calendar and sticker method for ending our bedtime struggles, and it's helped a lot. When Reef goes to bed without Mom or Dad coming back to his room, he gets a sticker, and when he gets 7 stickers, we'll go out for ice cream. I thought tonight would be sticker 7, but Troy just had to go in there. Oh well, maybe tomorrow night.


Jonas has had a good couple of weeks too. I think he's a little confused when Reef goes to school and is always very excited to see him at pick up time. He's also been suffering from a sinus infection, but we're finally on some antibiotics and will hopefully be feeling better soon. The best news about Jonas is that he started sleeping 12 hours at night! Mommy is very excited about this new skill!

We've been spending a lot more time outside these days since the weather is cooler. Reef is obsessed with going outside now that it's not so hot. All I hear most of the time is, "Let's go outside now." Jonas prefers the outdoors too, though, and it's almost always an instant cure to the fussies.


Jonas in the swing. Reef would spend hours in the swing (and sometime still will if it's going high) but Jonas isn't as big of a fan.


Reef posing for the camera. Lately he's refused to smile for the camera but really got into it the other day, saying "Cheese!" and coming to look at the pics after they were taken. He's showing off his line leader sticker here.


In the wagon before preschool. It was sprinkling outside, but Reef still insisted on going outside before school. Luckily, the wagon was under the porch. They both thought Reef pinching Jonas' cheeks was hilarious!


My happy boy!


Our only walking picture so far. Not a great one, and it doesn't really capture his walk, which usually involves both hands waving in the air for balance.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Cute kids, a cruise sounds like fun, where are you guys going? I miss seeing you guys! Hope you have fun with family and on your vacation!

Tara said...

I LOVE the wagon picture--so adorable! Congrats on the 12 hours a night--maybe Jonas can tell Archer about that:-)??

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Where are you going on your cruise? I am ready to take another one, could use a good vacation! The boys are getting so big and cute, I always enjoy seeing them at church. Maybe once Jonas sinus infection clears up he will like the swing better but if he is learning to walk it may just be too confining for him right now.